MSC Development Economics
The aim of this program is to develop, quantify and apply theoretical and practical models for developmental issues; and to develop long-term strategies, operational targets and concrete plans for sustainable economic development. The Development Economics master’s degree program seeks to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical tools to work toward managing an area’s resources and assets in order to best improve the global population’s quality of life and standard of living in a sustainable manner.
To obtain admission to the program, applicants should fulfil the admission requirements of the School of Business and Economics of Gibson College. The program is open to any applicant with a minimum of BA/BSc Degree in Economics, Development Economics, Finance and Development Economics, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resources Economics, Environmental Economics, and Statistics. Students from other disciplines can also join the program after taking bridging courses. The courses include the following: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematics for Economists, Introduction to Econometrics. If the students have already taken any of these courses, the courses will be exempted.
- The applicants must have minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.00.
- The applicant must pass the written examination set by the department of Economics to assess the individuals’ competence and preparedness to pursue a graduate program. The entrance exam will be prepared to measure the candidate’s subject area knowledge, English language proficiency and computational skill;
- Applicants who have attended study abroad should bring certificates equivalence approved and authenticated by Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA).
- The selection criteria to the admission of the program and weights attached to these criteria are shown below.
- The candidate must agree to take at least two bridging courses, if s/he is not from management background and to pay for the bridging courses.
- Non-refundable 500 ETB application fee